- This event has passed.
Active Threat Recovery Tabletop Exercise for Healthcare Partners
August 4, 2020
Note that this exercise is ONLY designed/designated for NON-Hospital facilities such as Long-Term Care, Dialysis, Home Health, and Federally Qualified Healthcare Centers.
The purpose of this tabletop exercise is to examine elements of post-incident response/recovery from an active threat incident (i.e. AFTER the threat has been neutralized). This discussion-based exercise is not intended to address principles of run-hide-fight or initial threat neutralization, but essential elements that need to be addressed after the incident has subsided to include: coordination with public safety agencies, business continuity, mental and behavioral health needs and public information. The objectives are as follows:
- Determine command and control actions in the immediate aftermath of an active threat incident (i.e. after threat neutralization).
- Address considerations for continuity of essential services, and discontinuation of non-essential services following an active threat incident.
- Identify considerations for mental and behavioral health support for employees and patients following an active threat.
- Examine current capabilities for victim and family assistance within the context of active threat.
- Identify opportunities for emergency management, human resources, operations, and security to develop or augment current plans and policies relative to recovery from active threat incidents.