- This event has passed.
Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS)
March 22 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This live, hands-on course is designed to provide the “how-to” of emergency care of the burn patient through the first 24-hour critical time period. Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions. An opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center will be provided. Testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
· Evaluate a patient with a serious burn
· Define the magnitude and severity of the injury
· Identify and establish priorities of treatment
· Manage the airway and support ventilation
· Initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation
· Apply correct methods of physiological monitoring
· Determine which patients should be transferred to a burn center
· Organize and conduct the inter-hospital transfer of a seriously injured burn patient.
· Disaster Management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training will be beneficial for hospital staff that is involved in the medical management of a burn victim including:
· Physician Assistants;
· Nurse Practitioners;
· And First Responders (ALS providers)
You must be employed by a hospital or healthcare organization in the City of Chicago in order to register. Priority registration for those working at a Chicago trauma center and/or acute care hospital.
View flyer here