- This event has passed.
Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA) 101 Training
June 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
DESCIPTION: Hazard vulnerability analysis (HVA) and risk assessment are systematic approaches to identifying hazards or risks that are most likely to have an impact on a healthcare facility and the surrounding community. Conducting a risk assessment/ HVA is also a requirement in the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule. This course is intended to assist in understanding the principles and process to conduct an organization’s HVA.
DATE: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
TIME: 2:00pm- 4:00pm
LOCATION: Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) Training Center (1642 N Besly Court, Chicago, IL)
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Concepts and tools to effectively develop and apply a hazard vulnerability analysis appropriate for the services, size, and scale of their organization.
- Learn to incorporate their HVA into their emergency preparedness program including trainings and exercises.
- Become familiar with prioritization of risk based on actual incidents.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This training will be beneficial for:
- Healthcare emergency program managers,
- Any personnel who are likely have to complete their organization’s annual HVA.
REGISTRATION: To register for this event please contact Margie McDevitt at Mmcdevitt@team-iha.org.
***IMPORTANT: You must be employed by a healthcare organization that is a member of the Chicago Healthcare Coalition to attend this training. ***
The event flyer for this training can be found here.
This educational training program is being provided at no charge through a grant from the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and response (ASPR) awarded to the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH).