- This event has passed.
JumpSTART© Pediatric Mass Casualty Triage Provider Course
June 13, 2019
The purpose of this program is to provide an educational module related to pediatric disaster/mass casualty triage concepts and the JumpSTART© algorithm.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify unique characteristics that make children more vulnerable in a disaster
- Discuss Mass Casualty Triage and the pediatric patient
- Review SMART and JumpSTART© Triage Tools and the SMART Triage System™
- Demonstrate the use of the JumpSTART© Triage Tool
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Physician Assistants;
- Nurse Practitioners;
- First Responders;
- And those interested in learning pediatric disaster triage concepts and skills.
IMPORTANT: You must be employed by a hospital or healthcare organization in the city of Chicago in order to register for this training.
A certificate of completion will be provided upon completion.
DATE, TIMES, AND LOCATION
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 OR Thursday, June 13, 2019
(Please choose to attend one of the sessions below when registering)
- Session A: 8:00am- 11:00am
- Session B: 12:30pm- 3:30pm
Sessions will take place at the Chicago Department of Public Health Training Center (1642 N. Besly Court Chicago, IL)
To register for this event, please contact Margie McDevitt at Mmcdevitt@team-iha.org
For full details on this training opportunity, please see the event flyer.