- This event has passed.
Pediatric-Burn Surge Tabletop Exercise
October 27, 2020
Hospitals are encouraged to include representation from emergency management, the emergency department, or anyone else that may have a significant role for medical surge.
The purpose of this exercise is to examine key elements of the CHSCPR Medical Surge Annex; specifically, the burn and pediatric surge elements. This will be accomplished through a robust discussion on the various steps and considerations for response within the context of a scenario that focuses on pediatric patients that experience a wide range of burn injuries.
The Exercise Objectives are as follows:
- To address key elements of response to an incident that overwhelms the CHSCPR acute care and appropriate hospitals with pediatric burn patients to include pre-hospital coordination.
- Identify considerations for various categories and definitions of pediatric burn patients and how that affects triage decisions.
- To determine capacity of CHSCPR hospitals to accommodate pediatric burn patients in accordance with the CHSCPR Medical Surge Annex and to review triggers/considerations for activation of the IDPH Pediatric and Neonatal Surge Annex.
- To identify key support needs (i.e., equipment, staff, transport, beds, space, community partners) within the Region to accommodate a large number of pediatric burn patients.
- To address considerations related to initial triage and stabilization (for hospitals without a pediatric or burn capability) until transfer.