- Member organizations include but are not limited to the following Chicago healthcare and supporting organizations: acute care,specialty, and long-term acute care hospitals,public health,emergency medical services,emergency management agency,long-term care facilities, dialysis centers, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), hospice, ambulatory surgery centers, mental health centers, organ procurement organizations and home health agencies.
- Active Coalition Members: Those members who have established voting rights.
- Inactive Coalition Members: Those members who have failed to establish voting rights as described below.
- Appoint two (2) representatives to attend All Member Coalition meetings of which only one(1) representative needs to attend. These representative(s) should be granted full authority by their organization to speak on its behalf. If an individual representing an organization withdraws from participation, the member organization
will appoint a new representative within 30 days
- Facility level emergency operations plans are in place that adhere to the National Incident Management System
- Implement emergency preparedness and response capability guidelines within the organization
- Participate in collaborative Coalition preparedness planning including the development of response plans
- Contribute to meeting Coalition priorities, goal, and contractual deliverables
- Vote on questions placed before the Coalition membership
- Participate in trainings, exercises and other Coalition sponsored events and activities
- Respond to EMS Region XI emergencies and disasters in collaboration with other members
- Support the disaster and surge functions of the EMS Region XI RHCC
- Participate in discussions to determine the annual activities of the Coalition including budgeting and the use of grant funds intended for use by the Coalition. Vote on
approval of the annual Coalition work plan and budget
- Respond to data/information sharing requests to describe current status during emergency or planned events
Supporting Member Organization Members
Supporting Member Organization Members are non-voting members of the Coalition which include but are not limited to: Chicago Fire Department (EMS is considered a Coalition member), local law enforcement agencies,Office of the Medical Examiner of Cook County, Cook County Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, American Red Cross, Illinois Health and Hospital Association,US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, US Department of Veterans Affairs. Supporting Partner Organization members are not eligible for an elected position.
- Appoint at least representative to the Coalition. This individual should be granted full authority by their organization to speak on its behalf.
- Information sharing
- Guidance and technical assistance, as appropriate