|February 6 8:00 am – February 7 5:00 pm
15900 S. Cicero Avenue
This two day/16-hour immersive course addresses pediatric emergency planning and medical response considerations through a combination of lectures, small group exercises, and a culmination tabletop exercise. Topics include:
• Introduction to Pediatric Response
• Emergency Management Considerations
• Implications for Planning and Response
• Functional Access Needs Considerations
• Mass Sheltering
• Pediatric Triage and Allocation of Scarce Resources
• Pediatric Reunification Considerations
• Pediatric Decontamination
This course is recommended for ED and EMS personnel, pediatric care providers, emergency managers, and healthcare administrators with a role in disaster management, and those responsible for EDAP coordination at your hospital.
Please note the following for registration:
• Those with an existing TEEX Student Portal Account will access the registration link once to register for the course.
• Those new to the TEEX Student Portal will use the registration link once to set up an account, and then will need to access the link a second time to actually register for the course.
• All students MUST have a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID) to register for the course. If you do not have a SID or cannot remember it, you can register or retrieve it at cdp.dhs.gov/femasid.